The actor Jim High and I had a great conversation recently. Here are 8 insights carefully chosen from our interview from which you can hopefully drawn inspiration no matter who you are or what you do…
- I didn’t know I would always do this until I taught English in a summer school in London and a guy says, “Why don’t you just come out to school here?” [Prague] . I got to stay for a year, had a great year, really enjoyed it and ended up staying longer.
- I had done some student films. When I came out here I threw myself in with a lot of students, which was useful. The great thing about commercials was I got used to the chaos of the set, the hustle and bustle and the cameras.
- They were amazing! A real little unit together, very supportive of each other and just having fun with it and enjoying themselves.
- Really having fun… I can’t name a Jack Nicholson role where I think he’s not having the best time ever doing it.
- I was involved in that very early on when they were just proposing it… Through people I knew from theatre who were working on it, they just brought me in.
- Find something you enjoy with it, make sure it’s something you’re passionate about.
- For most of the time, I’m working and then when I’m not working, I want to get my head together between shoots and staying in the zone, just chill.
- My parents and sisters. They just have that attitude to life and enjoying it and that helped me find things to being infused with the world as well, and having a love for it.
Link to Jim’s full interview from which these insights are taken:
Find Jim on: